Friday, May 3, 2019

Addario Week 5

So far in Lynsey Addario’s book “It’s What I Do” I think that her adventures are very telling of how much she loves photography. Considering I want to be a filmmaker that fact that she does whatever it takes to go capture that perfect photo is very moving to me and has made a big impact on me. These specific things are when she goes to new york and thn Iran not weeks after the Twin Towers fell. The lessons that can be applied to photojournalism are that the shots we strive to get do not require near as much as others. For example, if we think it's tough going up to a stranger and asking for the picture it is nothing compared to having to do it in the midst of a war. The life of a full time photojournalist definitely comes at a price. Overall I think Addarios biggest sacrafafice is her not getting to spend as much time with her family. My favorite quote from chapter 6 s when she says “I signed my first will in a flak jacket, holding my helmet in my left hand. This quote is only a page after she cried on the phone with her parents begging her to come home. The whole thing is very impactful. My favorite photo is the one where the Taliban soldiers are gathered and the man in front has his prosthetic leg sitting next to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment