Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Addario Reflection

     I like chapter 8 of the book because it shows how Addarios's confidence ha been built up since the beginning of the book. She used to be unsure at times and scared of the new places and the conflicts going on there. In chapter 8 however she starts of by saying "I feel more fortune to be an independent, educated women." She now appreciate and is comfortable with her situation. The chapter reflects his because it is much slower paces then most chapter. Rather than the military conflict she is used to she instead is conflicted about a man. Chapter 8 does not have a photo but in chapter 7 I like the very last photo of the women walking in the wind.  I learned in this chapter that it is hard to live conventional life as a photojournalist.
     My second favorite chapter is chapter 10. I love how right after she talks about her love for Paul and the thought of a Family she can't turn away her work and passion. My favorite quote is the last sentence of chapter 10 which is "I couldn't take it anymore and I got on a plane. I was headed to Libya." It shows Addario is not able to live that normal life and she feels she must get away. My favorite photo is the boy with the bandaids on his face. The photo just has such great expression. In this chapter I again was reinforced with the fact that photojournalists can't live norma lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment